Call for Papers – ENIAC 2015
(XII Encontro Nacional de Inteligência Artificial e Computacional)
The Program Committee of the 12th National Meeting on Artificial and Computational Intelligence (ENIAC) invites submissions of original research papers for the conference, to be held in the “city of the sun”, Natal , Rio Grande do Norte, from November 4th to 7th, 2015. Submissions should include significant and previously unpublished research on all aspects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Computational Intelligence (CI).
ENIAC 2015 is the twelfth of a series of successful meetings bringing these two research areas together. Previously named ENIA, the event has held editions in Brasília-DF (1997), Rio de Janeiro-RJ (1999), Fortaleza-CE (2001), Campinas-SP (2003), São Leopoldo-RS (2005), Rio de Janeiro-RJ (2007), Bento Gonçalves-RS (2009), Natal-RN (2011) and Curitiba-PR (2012). Since 2013, the name was modified to ENIAC to better represent both research areas of AI and CI and it has held editions in Fortaleza-CE (2013) and São Carlos-SP (2014).
In 2015, ENIAC will be held in conjunction with the 2015 Conference on Intelligent Systems (BRACIS 2015) and the Brazilian Symposium in Information and Human Language Technology (STIL 2015). ENIAC is an event that provides a forum for researchers, practitioners, educators and students to present and discuss innovations, trends, experiences and developments in the fields of Artificial and Computational Intelligence.
June 29, 2015 ===> July 13, 2015 (11:59PM, BRST).
August 03, 2015 ====> August 17, 2015
Final camera-ready papers due:
August 17, 2015 ====> August 31, 2015
Event: November 4-7, 2015
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Foundations of AI
• Logic based Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (including Commonsense Reasoning, Model-Based Reasoning, Probabilistic Reasoning, Approximate Reasoning)
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning in Ontologies and the Semantic Web
• Constraints and Search
• Evolutionary Computation
• Fuzzy Systems
• Artificial Neural Networks
• Planning and Scheduling
• Machine Learning and Data Mining
• AI applied to Natural Language Processing
• AI in Computer Vision
• Pattern Recognition and Cluster Analysis
• Agent-based and multi-agent systems
• Distributed AI
• Game Playing and Intelligent Interactive Entertainment
• Information retrieval, integration, and extraction
• Intelligent Robotics
• Cognitive modeling and human interaction
• Swarm Intelligence
• Artificial Life
• Cellular automata
• Molecular and quantum computing
• Hybrid Systems
• Bioinformatics and bioengineering
• Combinatorial and numerical optimization
• Multidisciplinary AI and CI
• AI and CI in Education
• Other AI and CI related topics
Submitted papers may be written in Portuguese or English, and not exceed 8 pages,
including all tables, figures, and references (style of Conference Publishing Services – CPS).
Formatting instructions, as well as templates for Word and LaTeX, are
available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Papers must be submitted in PDF format using the EasyChair system:
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two experts in the
field and accepted papers will be included in the ENIAC proceedings, published electronically as BDB Comp (http://www.lbd.dcc.ufmg.br/bdbcomp).
Papers will be accepted for either oral or poster presentation.
However, no distinction will be made between accepted papers in the
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to be appreciated for publication in special issues of international journals (to be announced).
We look forward to seeing you in Natal!
Gina Maira B. Oliveira (UFU) and Karina Valdivia Delgado (USP)
ENIAC Program chairs